– Powered and manual wheelchair assessments – QEF’s occupational therapy team will assess a young person’s mobility needs and recommend the most suitable powered or manual wheelchairs for their requirements.
– Car Seats – QEF’s occupational therapy team will assess a child’s seating support needs and make recommendations for the most appropriate equipment so children can travel safely and in comfort.
– Transfer and Seating Assessments – This assessment offers a practical trial of equipment to improve access to a car seat and advice on seating and posture to improve comfort for car journeys.
– Trikes and Bikes – helping families to find the best trikes and bikes for their child’s mobility needs.
– QEF Try4buFly – helping disabled children to travel by air in comfort and without anxiety. Available across the country through a phone consultation which can be additionally supported by an in person assessment at 3 locations – Carshalton in South London Leeds or Birmingham.
Driving lessons for 15 years + learn to drive with QEF’s specially trained Approved Driving Instructors, after an assessment by an occupational therapist to establish what adaptations to the car may be necessary. Theory test tuition is also available for people with learning disabilities, speech and language requirements and autism.
If you would prefer, you can contact the team via telephone on 01372 841 111