We are looking for an enthusiastic clinical psychologist with experience working within neuro psychology to join our friendly multi-disciplinary team at our QEF Care and Rehabilitation Centre.
This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of neurological conditions, providing individual, group and family-based treatments. There are also opportunities to provide staff training and consultation, making a difference to the service provision.
The Care and Rehabilitation Centre provides residential specialist care for people with complex physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional difficulties and rehabilitation care and support to people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
The post holder will report to the Psychology Lead and is an important senior position within the wider structure of the QEF Care and Rehab Centre. They will be responsible to deliver psychology services to those clients who require. You will be required to work as a senior member of the multi-disciplinary team and to provide training and advice to other professionals, families and carers.
• The post holder will be passionate about working with people with neurological difficulties and their families. Good quality supervision from an experienced clinical psychologist / neuro psychologist will be provided, in addition for opportunities for CPD.
• This post would be suitable for a newly qualified psychologist with experience working with clients with cognitive difficulties.
• HCPC registration required (Newly qualified applicants to be registered by start date).
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
• Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
• Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Being an active team player.
• Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
• You are passionate about your area of work
• Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
• appropriate level training in clinical psychology.
• Up-to-date HCPC registration.
• Experience working with people with cognitive impairments.
• Experienced in the use of neuropsychological assessment to inform care planning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with people who have an acquired brain injury / in a neuro-rehab setting.
• Experience working with staff teams in a residential setting.
• Experience working with families.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else’s life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
• Pension and Life Assurance
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
• Free on-site parking
• Click here to download the Job Description and Person Specification.
• For an informal discussion please contact Jenny De Canha, Head of Clinical Services Jenny.DeCanha@qef.org.uk
• This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).