To complete driving assessments that objectively measure the capability to drive safely. These assessments are suitable for those returning to driving, older people at licence renewal, those requiring clarification on adaptations and driving licence codes or if there is any concern around cognitive impairment.
To provide driving tuition to learner drivers and full licence holders needing familiarisation lessons with new adaptations/controls.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to support the delivery of our driving assessment service and driving school based mainly in the Carshalton area, and outreach venues in Winchester, Worthing, Leatherhead and Twickenham. You will work alongside multi-disciplinary teams in client centred environments to apply your skills and knowledge to assess individual driver safety for full licence holders and identify learning potential for provisional licence holders.
We are looking for an ADI preferably with some experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with knowledge of disabilities, medical conditions or learning difficulties. However, consideration will be made for ADIs that have a passion for learning about vehicle adaptations, the impact that disability and medical conditions have on driving safety, and to support people to retain or acquire driving independence.
All training will be completed at Carshalton, Leatherhead or Worthing.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced with children and adults barred list check by the DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
• You are passionate about your area of work
• Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
• You will need a flexible approach and be an effective communicator with good listening and organisational skills
• You will need a considerable measure of personal energy and initiative to develop this role
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else’s life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing with service(pro-rata)
• Pension and Life Assurance
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
• Free on-site parking
• Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
• Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
• Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Being an active team player.
• Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
• QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
• We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
• Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage
• Click HERE for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
• Chris Kingsley, ADI Team Lead at Carshalton would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on Chris.Kingsley@qef.org.uk 0208 7701151.
HOW TO APPLY
• If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW!