QEF is a Surrey based charity committed to providing life-transforming services that enable people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life.
We work with over 10,000 disabled children and adults every year with physical or learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries. Whether it’s gaining new skills to live independently, rehabilitation after a brain injury or stroke, or improving independence through increased mobility and accessible holidays; QEF helps disabled people to fulfil their potential in life.
QEF is structured into two main services – Mobility Services ( who operate outreach services across the South East of England), Care and Rehabilitation Center located within our Leatherhead in Surrey campus. These are augmented by QEF Retail Trading (15 retail charity shops) and a family of smaller charities – MERU which provides innovative product solutions for Children and The Grange in Kent a residential care home for adults with a learning disability.
Endorsed by the Department for Transport, QEF Mobility Services are one of the UK’s top 3 providers and, complete over 1,600 mobility assessments each year.
Wheelchair and scooter assessments provide independent assessment through trial of a variety of equipment to identify the most suitable for individual’s needs.
Passenger assessments provide independent advice on suitable equipment to remove or minimise the risks of manual handling to ensure safe and comfortable transfer of individuals and their equipment into a vehicle. This includes travel by air.
Driving assessments objectively measure the capability to drive safely; suitable for those returning to driving, older people at licence renewal or those requiring clarification if there is any concern. We also provide advice and training with adaptations and solutions to ensure maximum mobility.
The post holder will carry out assessments for people with disabilities who wish to learn to drive a car, or continue to drive after acquiring an illness, injury or disability or wish to travel in a vehicle as a passenger; assessment of relevant equipment including simple small devices to hi-tech solutions; assessment and advice for vehicle transfers to enable drivers and passengers to be able to access and egress a car; knowledge and understanding of general seating solutions; relevant equipment loading options; and subsequent driving safety.
This includes working with Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) to assess learner driver’s ability to meet driving test standards; working with driving assessors to review driving ability for current driving licence holders with neurological conditions, age related changes, learning difficulty and mental health issues.
Additional areas of the assessment provision include vocational driving and motorbike riding.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
• QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
• We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
• Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
• Please click HERE for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
• Paul Graham Senior OT at Carshalton would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on Paul.Graham@qef.org.uk 0208 7701151.
HOW TO APPLY
• If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW!